Anson Family (also known as Hanson)
from Cumberland, England
The direct line to Fred is
(1) Thomas Hanson & Frances Farnham
(2) Joseph Hanson & Rachel Miller
(2) Frances Hanson & James Little (goes to LITTLE tree)
(3) John Little & Mary Grave
(4) William Little & Kate Cazaly
(5) Fanny Beatrice Little & Frederick Joseph Chapple (goes to CHAPPLE tree)
(6) Mary Beatrice Chapple & Albert Ernest Shade (goes to SHADE tree)
Anson or Hanson is a relatively unusual name probably originating in Yorkshire and spreading
to Cumberland, Westmorland and Northumberland.
The History, Gazetteer & Directory of Cumberland, 1847 (available on the internet) gives information about the
Wetheral Parish, Township, Priory, Church, adjoining areas, and the names of some residents.
Many references from the Wetheral parish records on generations 1 - 4 added 25 Sep 2012
Photo of unknown soldier from 4th Light Horse Brigade (Australian) added 25 Jul 2012
Revision of pages 6 and 7 after contact from Bill Thomas, added 28 Jun 2012
Contact Libby Shade
for further details
P.O. Box 105, Rosanna 3084, Victoria, Australia
This family tree is
provided for mutual information within the family.
The information given will be referenced by official documents, family bibles etc.
Information that is uncertain or unreferenced will not be published.
For privacy of the present generations, the family tree will halt at the generation born around the start of the 20th century.
Discussion gladly entered into.